Thursday, August 16, 2012

A little bit of knowledge can go a long way!

The 1st and best way to show children that you care, is to teach them. By teaching them, wether it's how to ride a bike, change a tire, tie a shoe, build a house, bake a cake, draw a rainbow, or set up a tent, we feel love and bond best with those who have taken the time to show us something new.

Think about all the people who have been the most influential in your life, those you have the fondest memories of, those who you enjoy being around the most. They are most likely associated with helping your brain cells multiply! A grandmother who always let you help her cook or sew, a Grandpa who always told you stories, a Mom who taught you how to love unconditionally, a Dad who always took the time to teach you how to do something correctly (even if it was semi frustrating for both of you!) a teacher who took the time to help you understand how to solve a problem, or change the way you think, to build you up.

 Teaching is a gift, not everyone can do it, and not everyone can be taught the same way. Educating our children is essential, and I have tried my best to teach my children in a way that suits them best, in a way that is fun and easy to comprehend in their "style". I have always understood that children (and adults) have brains that work differently.

 I have once again started doing preschool with my 4 year old, who although he is academically ready for kindergarten he is NOT emotionally ready, so my curriculum has been an odd combination of preschool and kindergarten. I'm not sure how helpful my documenting will be for anyone but I want to share our experience anyway! I PLAN (I can't make any promises, because I am a human, and a woman) on posting our weekly school schedule/projects/experiences. My goal is to help inspire other moms or caregivers and show them how truly simple, easy, and inexpensive it is to do "school" with your children! Hope someone enjoys!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, my sweet 'daughter' - you are AMAZING!! everyday I am so impressed by what a truly incredible mother and wife you are!! And what a great example you are to the "rest of us"! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete